We believe in:
- The sovereignty of God. God is the supreme authority throughout the universe.
- The triune God. God the father, our creator; God the son, our savior; and God the holy spirit, who dwells within us.
- The authority of the Scripture. Our knowledge of God and God’s purpose for humanity comes from the Bible, particularly what is revealed in the New Testament through the life of Jesus Christ.
- Justification by grace through faith. Our salvation through Jesus Christ is God’s generous gift to us and not the result of our own accomplishments.
- The priesthood of all believers. All people--women, men, and children--share the good news of Christ with the whole world.
Presbyterians are distinctive from other Christian churches in two major ways. First, we claim a pattern of religious thought known as Reformed theology; second, our government emphasizes representational leadership of both ministers and church members.
* Adapted from the Presbyterian Church (USA) website. To learn more about the Presbyterian Church (USA), click here.