The McGregor Preschool Parent Council consists of parent representatives and one teacher representative. They generally meet once a month with the director of the Preschool to plan special events and discuss any new ideas or concerns. One member serves on the Preschool Advisory Board.
The purpose of Parent Council is to
- Act as a communication link between parents and the school via newsletters, notices, and other appropriate contacts
- Discuss concerns and issues that affect children
- Help plan and carry out special events such as the Thanksgiving program and Teacher Appreciation
- Make recommendations for improving the program
- Help implement new dimensions of the program
Traditional Parent Council activities:
- Thanksgiving Food Drive, Worship Service, and Reception
- Fundraisers (Box Tops for Education, Original Works)
- End-of-year Teacher Appreciation
- Assisting with other issues as they arise, such as playground maintenance
Please consider serving on Parent Council. It is a great way to get to know other parents, to be involved in your school, and to make a difference in young lives.
If you have more questions or would like to speak to someone about joining the Parent Council, please contact:
President of Parent Council
Check out the Parent Council Facebook Page here!